Fall Copic Boot Camp 2018
Instructed by Jennifer Dove
Tempe, Arizona October 11th - 14th, 2018
Tempe, Arizona October 11th - 14th, 2018
2018 Copic Boot Camp October 11th - 14th
Who May Attend
Anyone with a love for Copics! This event is designed for both beginners and advanced.
What to Expect
Four amazing, fun filled days with organized classes, learning techniques, meeting new and rekindling old friendships, games, prizes and more.
Day 1: A full day of going through the basics of Copic markers as well as learning and practicing all the different blending methods. Even if you find that you are experienced, this day is a great refresher and warmup for the 3 days to follow. This allows all of us to be on the same page. Here are some of the things we cover in the first day:
- Learning the Copic color structure
- How to choose the best color combinations
- Choosing paper and ink for coloring
- Differences between markers
- Important products used in Copic coloring
- Best ways to use the Blender marker and Colorless Blender Solution
- Texturing using Copics
- Refilling markers
- Many different Copic blending techniques:
- Flick blending
- Texture blending
- Basic blending in two styles
Days 2-4 you will experience over 28 hours of fun, fast-paced, organized technique-filled classes covering the following:
- Light Source
- Cast and Drop Shadows
- Creative Color Placement
- Pleats and Folds
- Grass and Leaves
- No Line coloring
- “Water Coloring” with Copics
- Water Drops
What You Will Receive
- Your very own workbook, plus tons of work sheets to color
- Over 30 hours of organized lessons
- Evening times with teacher’s assistance, if needed, as well as bonus projects to add to your workbook
- 4 catered lunches (if staying at the hotel, you have option of free hot breakfast, afternoon drinks, and free evening *kickback (soup, salad and more))
- Gifts and Prizes galore from sponsors!
- On site shopping
- Marker refill station available for a small fee
- Excellent lighting, visual and audio setup for ease of hearing and seeing in a large setting
- A lifetime of memories from this experience
All the classes are perfect for the beginner as well as the advanced. There is always information to be gained, plus the experience of a fun, VERY full weekend of wonderful people with whom to share your coloring passion! This is Copic BOOT CAMP, and you will get the whole experience of being in a boot camp!
Cost of Event
Space is limited, first come first serve. Spots fill up quickly so make sure you do not hesitate to reserve your seat for this special event. Registration is currently open.
First Event - October 11th 9am-10pm
October 12th 830am - 10pm
October 13th 830am - 10pm
October 14th 830am - 6pm
Second Event - November 1st 9am - 10pm
November 2nd 830am - 10pm
November 3rd 830am - 10pm
November 4th 830am - 6pm
Location: Drury Inn and Suites –Tempe, Arizona
1780 W Ranch Rd. Tempe, AZ 85284
Cost: New Attendees $485.00 USD
Return Attendees $410.00 USD
The cost of this event excludes hotel and travel expenses.
- $150.00 up-front deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE due to the requirements and contract from the hotel.
- Deposit must be placed within 24 hours of registration in order to reserve your seat at this event. *Please contact me to schedule a monthly payment plan for the remaining balance.
- Once registered, monthly payments will be required and/or paid in full by September 1st, whichever comes first, unless prior arrangements have been made
I, Jennifer Dove, reserve the right to cancel this event if there is cause.
Cancellations made before July 31st will receive a refund of the amount paid, less the $150 non-refundable deposit. No refunds after August 30th. A full transfer may be considered. Every case will be reviewed individually.
We have a special rate with the Drury Inn and Suites and they have specials they offer with your reservation for your stay at the hotel such as free drinks and food. Be sure to mention Copic Boot Camp by Jennifer Dove when making reservations or give the group number 2336280 for OCTOBER or 2320578 for NOVEMBER. A reservation with group rate link will be provided upon registration or refer to the Hotel Reservations link below. Hotel reservations can be made online or by calling the hotel directly.
You can find all the hotel information and reserve your room at the link below.
King and queen rooms are available for this rate.
Hotel is located about 12 minutes from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport in Tempe Arizona
Copic Boot Camp attendees will be invited to join our private Facebook group where we can chat and get to know one another before November. We will also use this group to post important information pertaining to this special event. it is important that you join this group.
Looking forward to spending a fun-filled 4 days for this special event with you!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at BootCamp@doveartstudios.com
See you in Sunny Arizona!
Jennifer Dove (and assistant Nic)
*Fine Art and Design Instructor for Imagination International
*Copic Certified Standard/Intermediate Designer since 2010
* Published Video Instructor Annie’s Attic
*Author of Copic Techniques Build-A-Book
Copic Boot Camp